Laguna Beach Art Gallery
- Thomas Studios -
Hours: Sat & Sun | 12pm – 5pm
NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE | GET A QUOTE
Interested in a particular piece? Send us an inquiry or give us a call as we are happy to send you a quote.
Quick facts about Laguna Beach | by VISITLAGUNA.com
With more than 30 coves and beaches, Laguna Beach is the ideal spot for luxurious coastal fun. Whether you enjoy snorkeling, swimming, surfing, paddle boarding, playing volleyball or exploring the tide pools, the area’s nearly eight miles of coastline offers something for everyone. Laguna Beach also features a large percentage of one-of-a-kind specialty shops and boutiques, and more beachfront lodging than any other city in California. Twenty-thousand acres of wilderness attack hikers, bicyclists, bird watchers and plein air painters to the verdant hills, dramatic cliffs and majestic canyons.
Population, Climate & Weather:
The City of Laguna Beach has a population size of 24,500. Land is 8.8 square miles. Laguna Beach is known for its mild, year-round weather. Temperatures average from the mid-60°s F (18° C) to about 80° F (26° C), with the coolest conditions from December to February and the warmest weather from July to October.
Location & Airport Access: Laguna Beach is located in the heart of Orange County (‘The OC’) adjacent to the Pacific Ocean with 7.1 miles of oceanfront vistas. Located 50 miles south of Los Angeles and 70 miles north of San Diego, Laguna Beach is accessible through Laguna Canyon or via Pacific Coast Highway. Laguna Beach is located 16 miles from John Wayne/Orange County Airport (SNA), 35 miles from Long Beach Airport (LGB), 54 miles from Los Angeles Int’l Airport (LAX), and 75 miles from San Diego Int’l Airport (SAN).
Laguna Beach, Southern California’s premier coastal destination, has been known as an artist’s colony for more than 100 years.
The annual festivals include:
Laguna Beach Music Festival: February 5-8, 2020
Laguna Beach Pride: May 29-31, 2020
Fete de la Musique: June 20, 2020
Laguna Art-A-Fair: June 26 –August 30, 2020
Sawdust Art Festival: June 26 –August 30, 2020
Festival of Arts Fine Art Show: July 6 – September 3, 2020
Pageant of the Masters: July 8-September 3, 2020
Laguna Dance Festival: October 2019
Laguna Beach Plein Air Painting Invitational: October 3-11, 2020
Coast Film Festival: November 2020
Art & Nature: November 2020
Sawdust Art Festival Winter Fantasy: Weekends: November & December 2020
Incorporated: On June 29, 1927
On a Map: The latitude of Laguna Beach is 33.542N. The longitude is -117.782W
Montage Laguna Beach resort earns a Five Diamond award for 2018 for top marks in appearance, amenities and service standards.
Surf & Sand Resort and The Ranch at Laguna Beach resort were among the Four Diamond winners. – AAA (2018)
#1 City to Shop Local in the U.S. – Yelp (2018)
One of the Most Instagrammable Locations in the U.S. – PlayPicks (2018)
One of Five Best Spring Break Beaches in America – Forbes (2018)
20 Best Winter Sun Getaways America has to Offer – TripAdvisor (2017)
‘20 Best Beaches in California for Your Coastal Vacation’ – TripAdvisor (2017)
‘The 20 Most Charming Towns and Small Cities in CA’ TravelMag (2017)
‘America’s Favorite Beaches of 2017’ – Expedia (2017)
‘America’s Favorite Towns’ – Travel + Leisure (2017)
‘The Friendliest Cities in America’ – Expedia (2016)
‘The Best Small Cities in the U.S.’ – Conde Nast Traveler (2016)
‘The 15 Best Beaches in California’ – Travel + Leisure (2016)
‘The 14 Best Small Beach Towns in America’ – Thrillist (2016)
‘Travelers’ Choice Beaches Awards’ – TripAdvisor (2015)
One of the ‘Top 25 towns in America to spend the holidays’ – Travel + Leisure (2014)
Top 10 Sexiest Beaches in America – ForbesTraveler.com (2008)
1. Laguna Beach is home to more beachfront lodging than any other city in California, with 7 hotels/resorts on the water.
2. The Pacific Marine Mammal Center is free to the public, open daily and is located on Laguna Canyon Road. This rescue center, run by dedicated volunteers, rehabilitates marine mammals that are stranded along the 42 miles of Orange County coastline.
3. Laguna Beach is a bird sanctuary and a marine life refuge. All of Laguna’s marine refuge system is a fully protected marine reserve – nothing can be fished for, touched, or removed from this area.
4. Many bungalows and cottages from the late 1800s to the early 1900s are still in existence and part of a self-guided tour. In 1918, artist Edgar Payne opened an art gallery that later became today’s Laguna Art Museum, one of the first art museums in the state of California.
6. The Laguna Playhouse is the oldest, continuously operating Playhouse on the West Coast.
Skim-boarding started in Laguna Beach and dates back to the late 1920s when Laguna Beach lifeguards used to skim board on pieces of wood.
7. Skimboarding started in Laguna Beach and dates back to the late 1920s when Laguna Beach lifeguards used to skim board on pieces of wood, to get from one lifeguard tower to the next.
8. Today, there are 20+ accommodations ranging from oceanfront resorts to quaint inns and hideaway escapes, located throughout town.
9. To add to your stay, experience the 100+ restaurants Laguna Beach has to offer.
10. The city of Laguna Beach has a Sister City Partnership with Menton, France (est. 2008); San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (est. 2012); and St. Ives, England (est. 2014). Laguna Beach Sister Cities Association, the designated volunteer committee serving as the official arm of the sister city program for Laguna Beach, promotes cultural, educational and business exchange.